Meet Our Plano Eye Doctors
Dr. Gulrez Khoja
Dr. Khoja attended University of Toronto, in Ontario, Canada, and then earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, with honors, from the University of Houston. She graduated with a Doctorate of Optometry, Cum Laude, from the College of Optometry at the University of Houston.
After her academic training at the University Eye Institute, Dr. Khoja provided care at clinics that specialized in contact lenses, low vision, retinal diseases, and pediatrics. At Bridge Builders Eye Clinic in Dallas, a non-profit clinic that served the indigent population, Dr. Khoja provided patients with free eye health exams and glasses.
She was involved in diagnosing, treating, and managing patients with glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, cataracts, ocular infections and ocular injuries. Later, at a private practice in the Highland Park neighborhood of Dallas, TX, her passion for working with specialized contact lenses and fitting irregular corneas emerged. Dr. Khoja is now recognized as an expert in keratoconus and surgical complications.
Dr. Khoja is certified in fitting Paragon CRT, Kerasoft IC and the SynergEyes family of contact lenses. She also fits patients diagnosed with dyslexia in the FDA-approved ChromaGen lenses for better performance in school. She is a licensed Therapeutic Optometrist and an Optometric Glaucoma Specialist. She is currently a member of the American Optometric Association, the Texas Optometric Association and the Dallas County Optometric Society.
Dr. Khoja begins each examination with a thorough assessment of patients’ visual needs and concerns. She takes the time to personalize the eye health examination for each individual patient and explain the results of the eye exam. After each patient assessment, she provides customized treatment options that will provide the best vision and comfort. Dr. Khoja loves working with children, and finding the best visual corrective option for their young eyes.
When Dr. Khoja is not in the office, she enjoys yoga, working out, reading, trying out new restaurants and recipes, and spending time with her husband and two children.
- Member of the American Optometric Association, Texas Optometric Assoc., North East Texas Optometric Society, Dallas County Optometric Society
- In 2013, the Consumers Research Council has listed Dr. Gulrez Khoja as one of America’s Top Optometrists
- Synergeyes Hybrid Contact Lenses: Platinum Fitter Status
- Paragon Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT, OrthoK): Certified Fitter Kerasoft IC (custom soft contact lens for keratoconus and other irregular corneas): Certified Fitter
- Member of The American Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
- Kerasoft IC Certified fitter
- Member of Scleral Lens Education Society
- Better Business Bureau of North Texas: A+ accredited
Dr. BJ Patel
Texas Optometry Association
Dr. Patel earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Texas at Dallas. He graduated with a Doctorate of Optometry from the College of Optometry from the University of Houston in 2007.
He has worked with Bridge Builders Eye Clinic in Dallas, serving underprivileged population. He is experienced in fitting Paragon and Synergeyes contact lenses.