A Breakthrough Soft Lens for Keratoconus!
If you’re looking for a new approach to keratoconus that offers the comfort of a soft lens; custom parameters, including cylinder correction to -10.00D; and the kind of straightforward fitting not found in hybrids, The new NovaKone™ soft lens for keratoconus is it.
While NovaKone lenses can be a viable solution for all stages of keratoconus, they’re especially effective for patients with more advanced conditions, those who have failed to tolerate GPs, or who have been unsuccessful with hybrid and scleral lenses.
The NovaKone contact lens has a posterior design that neutralizes irregular astigmatism, and a front surface design to correct for regular astigmatism. The lens features Dual Elliptical Stabilization for rotational stability.
This remarkable new lens offers:
• A higher level of comfort than most GP or hybrid lenses can deliver
• Excellent visual outcomes
• A straightforward fitting approach
• The option of quarterly replacement
Designed For Success.
NovaKone is designed specifically for the keratoconic eye, with advanced design features and flexible parameters that offers incredible precise fitting control such as:
• A central base curve optimized for precise optical alignment over the steep central cornea
• Variable lens center thickness (IT Factor) to neutralize almost any irregular astigmatism
• The proprietary Dual Elliptical Stabilization™ and cylinder powers to -10.00D offers precise residual astigmatism
• An independent para-central fitting curve to assure excellent lens movement and physical fit
(A) The posterior surface of the lens includes a steep central base curve which is intended to match the average central K reading of the keratoconic eye.
(B) The fitting curve is similar in design to the base curve of a standard soft lens and is intended to ensure good lens movement and fit.
(C) The anterior surface has an aspheric central optical section to correct spherical aberration and a thinner lenticular flange to maximize oxygen permeability.
(D) The IT (Index of Thickness) Factor describes the central thickness of the lensand effectively manages differing levels of corneal irregularity.
(E) Residual astigmatism up to -10.00D is corrected by front surface cylinder optics.
(F) Dual Elliptical Stabilization™ is employed to ensure excellent orientation and rotational stability.
• NovaKone soft lenses for keratoconus are indicated for visual correction for patients with keratoconus and pellucid marginal degeneration.
• NovaKone can be successful to address cases where GP, hybrid, and scleral lenses have failed or are otherwise contraindicated.
• NovaKone offers extraordinary comfort and can be an excellent adjunct to other forms of correction.